tirsdag 10. mai 2011

Deca Lounge Chair

This is the Deca Lounge Chair and it is designed by Larry James Parker for LifeSpaceJourney. The designer actually made this chair over a 5 week-period while studying at CCS (College of Creative Studies) as a school project. The chair is made out of felted wool on foam which is covering a plywood shell. The cushions for the piece are down filled and hand sewn. The base of the chair is made out of stainless steel with rosewood feet and a rear stretched bar.
I really like that the chair has a very neutral grey-toned cushions and that the fabric is felted wool. I like the texture of the chair, and the familiar feel that the textile gives me. I like the small details of blue on the backrest-cushion, and the fact that the designer has thought of using rosewood as a nice match with the blue. All in all, I think this chair is so great! The details, the structure, the materials... They are all beautiful.
I thought I would throw in this picture at the end, just because I love this stuff! Real sketches from the idea-process and how the chair developed from the beginning. I think it is really interesting to see how the first initial ideas of the chair started, and how the finished product is at the end. If you want to see more pictures of the lounge chair or read more about the designer, you can visit www.lifespacejourney.com.

1 kommentar:

  1. Hello,

    The Deca was not produced for Life space Journey, but rather a student work of mine. It will hopefully be in fully production in the coming months, but NOT with life space journey.

    Regards
    Larry

    SvarSlett

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...