mandag 28. mars 2011

Eames Elephant

This is the Eames Elephant and it is designed by Ray and Charles Eames in 1945 for Vitra. This is actually a kids toy, and it is originally made out of plywood, but is now redesigned and available in plastic. You can get it in many different colors, such as classic red, light pink, dark lime, ice grey and white. My favorites are the wooden one and the red one, and maybe even the ice grey one (because it reminds the most of an elephant's original color). The Eames Elephant is very robust, and is designed to be played with, even outdoors. I love this Elephant, and I think it is very cute with its oversized ears, long trunk and tiny tail. It is so beautifully designed, and its such a classic! I'm definitely going to own one, one day. If you want to read more, you have to visit the wonderful world of one of my favorites www.vitra.com.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...